We are happy to announce we are on-schedule to have our huge new 9-panel puzzle Nueve by Iris Scott in-stock this holiday season!
A few things we can tell you right now:
- It will be around 2,400 pieces (over 2x the size of Chinatown)
- It will be Ecru style: close-cut pieces, matte finish, looks beautiful
- It will be around $500. We'll list the price as soon as we can finalize it, as we know some of you will want to save-up for this one.
- Iris Scott painted it as a nona-tych, that is, it was painted as 9 individual panels. Because they were painted separately, the colors and image details on the 9 panels do not perfectly match up. You can kind of see that from the above, but it's more obvious when you have the full-size panels in front of you. It's a lovely piece of artwork, we just wanted to warn you of that ahead of time.
- The puzzle design will be fairly standard for our company (nothing too crazy):
- Square-ish pieces on overlapping circular grids, inspired by skipping stones on a pond
- Fancy unique connector shapes inspired by fish tails, Japanese lanterns, and lotuses
- Lots of themed whimsies
- Chandler Millwood is the lead puzzle designer on this, but for such a big puzzle, we pulled in help from three of our other puzzle designers: David Figueiras and Amy Tang and Jef Bambas
- Here's a tiny sneak peek:
Lastly, a heads-up that while we are now 90% sure we can get the first batch in-stock for Xmas shopping, we won't be sure exactly when we'll have it in-stock, or whether we'll have a big enough batch for everyone who actually wants one (not an easy problem estimating demand on a puzzle 6x the cost of our average puzzle!).
But if you miss out on the first batch, we expect to have a 2nd batch in-stock in January 2022.