4th Annual Artifact Puzzles USA Speed-Puzzling Contest
Individuals/Pair Categories: You pick if you'd like to complete in the solo (Individuals: Adults or Under-18) or in a team of 2 (Pairs) by purchasing the right variant of this product. The puzzles will be different, so you can compete in both.
Which Puzzle? Everyone will do the same totally secret, never-before-seen Artifact wood jigsaw puzzle at the same time. You keep your contest puzzle after the contest.
- Individuals puzzle: 200-250 pieces, average hard, might have an irregular edge that is not shown on the box
- Pairs puzzle: 300-350 pieces, average hard, might have an irregular edge that is not shown on the box
- There will be a small picture on the box like usual for Artifact Puzzles.
- The puzzle will be an image most people will like and appropriate for all-ages.
When: Contest happens Saturday April 27:
- Individuals Contest: 10am West Coast = 1pm East Coast time = noon CDT
- Pairs Contest: 1pm West Coast = 4pm East Coast time = 3pm CDT
We will ship the puzzle and directions to you by April 11 by USPS Ground Advantage (should arrive in 2-10 days). The box will say Do NOT Open!
Everyone opens up their shipping boxes at the same time on the Zoom video-conference, and starts puzzling at the same time.
- Individuals Contest: $70 (you keep the puzzle)
- Pairs Contest: $90 (one of you keeps the puzzle)
Prizes: Yes! For both Individuals and Pairs:
- First Place: your choice of any puzzle we make under 2,000 pieces, or a 1 year membership to the Hoefnagel Puzzle Club
- Second Place: your choice of any puzzle we make 700 pieces or less, or a 6 month membership to the Hoefnagel Puzzle Club
- Third Place: your choice of any puzzle we make 400 pieces or less, or a 3 month membership to the Hoefnagel Puzzle Club
How Do I Register?: Purchase this product and make sure to fill in your email, phone number, and shipping address when you check-out.
How Many Contestants Will There Be?: No more than 150 entrants per contest.
USA only: Due to uncertain international shipping times we cannot accept international entries.
Tips: check out our blog post on "how the fastest puzzlers do it."
- We'll ship you the puzzle April 11th by USPS Ground Advantage shipping
- We'll email contestants a link by April 25th before to join the Zoom meeting on April 27nd.
- The judges will check each contestant’s camera setup and that they have not opened the shipping box guarding the puzzle.
- There will be brief instructions given, and everyone will open their shipping box and remove the wrapping LIVE, on camera.
- Then we will start the timer, and everyone will puzzle simultaneously.
- While only the fastest puzzlers will get prizes, everyone is encouraged to finish the puzzle and clock-in their fastest time, that is the event will run a full two hours, not just until the first three people finish.
- After the contest is over, and all entries have been verified, we will the blog the completion times and names of the fastest puzzlers.
- You CAN participate in both contests if you want.
- Puzzling Tools: Sorting trays and box top holders are allowed. Other tools
(spatulas, magnifying glasses, cell phone cameras) are NOT.
- Each puzzle is a new Artifact Puzzle that is not listed on our website.
- Each puzzle is average hard as our puzzles go, but on the trickier side of average hard as they may have irregular edges (no straight edge pieces).
- We expect the fastest puzzlers to be able to complete the Individuals puzzle in around 45 minutes, but it might take casual puzzlers 2-3 hours.
- We expect the fastest puzzlers to be able to complete the Pairs puzzle in around 1 hour, but it might take casual puzzlers 2-4 hours.
- The picture of the puzzle will be on-the-box, and it may help you go faster if you use the picture effectively.